2015 has just begun and the calendar of the scent marketing looks promising… In this article we invite you to review the 2014 highlights, and to discover those of 2015.
Good reading and Happy New Year!
2014: the year of olfactive innovation
The first smartphone that we spoke about to send a scented message was the oPhone, which created a big buzz in the media.
Surfing on this wave of successful smell, the American company Oscar Mayer invented an application which diffuses a bacon flavor when you wake up.
Why such an invention?
Because according to Tom Bick, the marketing and advertising manager at Oscar Mayer: “With about two million mentions of the word “bacon” on Instagram, it seems that people can’t get enough of the bacon. That’s why our team decided to develop this device.”
It is maybe this original idea which inspired the French prodigy Guillaume Roland (finalist of the Google Science Fair 2014) to design a scent alarm clock. The Sensorwake, as he calls it, is capable to diffuse a fragrance, previously chosen, when you wake up. There is no sound, no light, only a smell!
For more information click here.
2015: The olfaction in the heart of the debates
The year 2015 looks rich in olfactive events. Three were already announced, and others will certainly be added to the list.
- After the first edition, which has been a real success, a second congress “Olfaction & Perspectives” was scheduled on March 19th, 2015. This edition aspires to follow the smells since the source from which they are emitted until their perceptions by humans.
2. The sixteenth International Symposium on Olfaction and Electronic Noses (ISOEN) will be held from 28th june until 1st july 2015 in Dijon (France). During these 3 days, different topics will be discussed, in particular on the electronic senses, and the digital olfaction, etc.
3. The American exhibition ScentWorld will last two days and expose practical information for companies specialized in sales, which learn to:
- Use the senses to increase their turnover
- Improve the customer’s experience
- Increase the satisfaction and the loyalty of the customer
Thanks to the advice of the scent and sensory marketing experts, present on this exhibition.
The date of the next ScentWorld is not yet communicated, only the place.
Zoom on Natarom: its successes 2014 and its projects 2015
The year 2014 was full of fruitful collaboration for Natarom!
We were present during several events, such as the opening of the flagship store Grinko, the exhibition Expo Protection, the celebration of the ANRH’s 60 years, and before that the Vaux Le Vicomte castle.
We hope to continue on this direction, with again many events to perfume!
At the end of 2014, we also launched some movies on our devices, which should be broadcasted on our YouTube channel, during the beginning of this year.